Monday, January 3, 2011

What does Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti mean to you?

As a first post I'm kind of glad it's not about  how I'm so happy about finally blogging and contributing to the already much filled blog arena. Seriously some of you need to stop. Having said that. Yay! I'm blogging.
So Coomar's question for the day (yes that's what I'm calling it and I will continue to refer to myself in the third person. Deal with it.)- Have you heard of Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti? If you haven't then you should. If not for the sheer joy of reading the name of their title tracks and the mystery of how it can be a part of a song (for eg: Every Night I die at Miyagi's- How do you make that a part of the chorus?! you might ask. Well go find out by listening to them you lazy chumps.) Also interesting Coomar fact for the day (Oops I did it again) these guys only recorded on magnetic tapes before their latest album which is a studio record. I suggest you listen to the magnetic recording though. It adds to their music. Oh and "Every Night I die at Miyagi's" is my favourite track by them right now. Not just because it reminds me of the Karate Kid and that damn Miyagi but because it's so simple that you realise they were just overcompensating by having a complicated name. Thank God for that.
Cheers!
Coomar.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Coomar!

    Heard the song that's your current earworm. Was interested enough to sample more.

    Happy blogging! `Sahana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coomar: "Subconsciously I constantly narrate my life in my head in third person in a British accent." Only in Coomar's case it would be a The Wire-kind of gangsta accent. :P

    ReplyDelete